Every electrician needs to know the tools of the trade – literally! As the most trusted electrical contractor supply near you in Rock Hill, SC, CESCO wants to let you know about the top tools electricians need to get the job done right:
- Voltage Tester – Safety always comes first. Before anything else, you need a voltage tester that allows you to check all components before you begin repairs. Electrical work is dangerous, and this tool could possibly save your life.
- Multimeter – Electricians also use a multimeter. These are electrical measuring devices that are used to measure electrical current.
- Knife – Always have a knife in your toolkit. A knife can help you quickly strip wires and perform other tasks.
- Circuit Finder – Every home or business should have a properly labeled circuit panel. However, this isn’t always the case so a circuit finder is needed. By simply plugging this transmitter into an outlet, you can find any circuit directory.
- Pliers – Pliers are excellent tools for handling wires. Make sure you have side cutting pliers, long nose pliers, diagonal cutting pliers, and wire strippers in your toolbox.
- Screwdrivers – You’ll need a wide range of commercial grade screwdrivers in your toolbox, too.
- Fish Tape – Fish tape is a tool needed for pushing and pulling wires through conduits. You can extend and contract fish tape as needed for your repair work.
If you’re doing electrical work contact Carolina Electrical Supply Company today. As an electrical contractor supply near you, we will get you the residential electrical supply tools you need in the Rock Hill, Fort Mill, and Charlotte area.