In our last post, we told you what you needed to know about copper wiring. Today, we’d like to do the same thing for another of the most popular electrical contractor supplies we sell here at CESCO. Read on for five things you need to know about aluminum wiring.
- Aluminum wire is used exclusively in power lines.
- Aluminum wiring is commonly used in commercial buildings. It’s frequently used in the construction of skyscrapers, stadiums, malls, and other large, complex facilities.
- This type of wiring can be durable and safe when it’s properly installed by an electrician.
- It’s very lightweight. Many electricians will choose aluminum wiring when weight is a concern.
- It’s affordable. Aluminum wire is less expensive than copper wire. If used in the proper manner, it can give you equal results at a fraction of the cost.
Carolina Electrical Supply Company is the place you need to go for all of your wiring needs. You’ll find over 38,000 square feet of electrical contracting supplies and more at our warehouse and showroom in Rock Hill, SC. We’ve served North and South Carolina since 1995. Work with us and you’ll quickly see why so many electricians have trusted us for their residential, commercial, and industrial electrical supplies. Let us help make your next job a success!